Well…the heading says it all
I have taught and lectured dancing in many countries around the world and had many interesting discussions on this topic with many teachers.
It is easier to go to learn to dance with a partner but as this is not always possible people do go to learn to dance as a single.
At DFDS we have been successfully addressing this situation for decades and our experienced dance teachers have been getting great results by ensureing everyone has a fair go and treated equally.
At DFDS we welcome everyone , singles and couples, who is interested in learning the wonderful art of ballroom dancing
I also have the policy that if a couple comes to learn to dance then they always dance together…….That is the whole idea, … they learn to dance together and not have one of the couple ( usually the male ) having to dance with the singles in the class.
Obviously, singles usually don’t like or agree with this, but as one female of a couple once said to me on the phone ” I drag my husband to learn to dance with me and not to be a staff member and boy it is an effort ! so let everyone else to the same ” LOL
I am very pleased to say that the couple attended DFDS for about 6 years and became very good social dancers and now still dancing back in England
I make the below list about instructional social ballroom classes in absolute JEST
1. Older males don’t want to dance with older females.
2. Older females don’t want to dance with older males.
3. Younger males don’t want to dance with older females.
4. Younger females don’t want to dance with older males.
5. Everyone only wants to dance with someone who is a better dancer than them.
6. Everyone only wants to dance with someone who knows their routines
7. Everyone only wants to dance with a teacher.
8. AND Brad only wants to dance with Angelina but he is making an exception for me and Brad and Angelina will be at DFDS teaching all next month.
So drop in to one of our classes and have some fun LOL
Well that’s enough twaddle for now …….have a great weekend